Skip to content Accessibility info

Farm Insurance

from Riverland Insurers

Farm Insurance

The type of coverage you need will depend on the type of farm you operate. The most common types of farm operations we insure are agricultural, horse, and dairy farms. Your insurance will be tailored to cover all types of farm structures from your home, contents and personal property, to your barns, farm out buildings, equipment along with licensed and unlicensed farm vehicles. Coverage for livestock and farm liability are provided as well.


  • Farm Barns, Buildings, Silos, and additional farm dwellings
  • Farm personal property including products, supplies, equipment, tools, and livestock
  • Emergency and debris removal, pollutant clean up and removal, Unborn embryo coverage, and Farm signs
  • Enhancements include, fence coverage, reproductive materials, loss of earnings, well pumps, weight of ice, rain etc, and earthquake.


Crop Insurance provides peace of mind protection for farmers in the event of a loss to most grain crops. Causes of loss include but are not limited to drought and heat, excess moisture, hail, cold, frost and freeze, disease, wind, hurricane, flood, insects, wildlife along with other causes of damage. Coverage must be purchased months before the crop is planted.

  • Coverage for small grain must be purchased by the end of September each year
  • Coverage for spring crops must be purchased by March 15 each year

Crops insured by Riverland:

  • Corn
  • Soybeans
  • Wheat
  • Barley
  • Produce-Select group
  • Silage
  • Grain Sorgham